Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Good News

Abby Grace received a great report yesterday. Her heart looks great and her pressure levels were wonderful. She was Satting 80-84% without oxygen! The doctor decided to talk with the surgeon and call us with a date sometime in the future. They said with her next surgery she'd be in the hospital for 2-4 weeks so we are hoping to have it done at a time where I don't have to take a lot of time off of work. We'd hoped to have it done this summer but with such a late cath appointment that does not look likely.
Thanks for the prayers for her yesterday. I felt so at peace sending her back with the team. When we went back to see her she was sleeping and had already been weaned from the oxygen. She slept so peacefully until around 3. To our surprise they discharged her at 4 and we stayed the night in Charleston just to give her a break before coming home to this crazy house. She is now happily playing with her brothers down the hall and shows no signs of even having the cath yesterday except for the blue iodine all over her neck and groin area. I'll be scrubbing that off for a few days:)

3 comments:

Tiaras, Tutus, and Fairy Dust. said...

I'm glad to hear Abby's cath went well. What a fighter she is!! Give Abby Grace a big hug from her Lil sis. Take care all of you:-)
Sue

Wife of the Pres. said...

GREAT NEWS! I got your messages. I promise to call. We have a cath date for August 10 and SATS in the mid-80s :((. As you know, S already had the fontan so her docs say this gives them "concern." Looks like her palate repair is months off. :((( I feel so badly for her, but as some have told me she has always lived w/ her palate this way and is bothers her probably much less than me. You know what I mean, it doesn't bother me but it bothers me that she can't speak like she wants to or tries to.

Anyway, I'll call you today during S.'s nap. yesterday she didn't take one. I want to be able to chat!!! :)

Unknown said...

So glad to hear all is going well with your daughter. I just started following your journey as we are also adopting our daughter with a heart condition. I would love to hear more of what to expect down the road. Praising God for the great news!
Suzette