Friday, October 5, 2007

August and September 2007

Well as you can tell by my delay in posting not a whole lot happened on the adoption front in August and September, but on the home front a lot did happen. We had heard and hoped that a new batch of SN referrals would arrive in mid September, but that did not happen. In fact they did not arrive until last week. You heard it right...last week. So Victoria did not get a sister for her birthday in September like she had hoped. We did finally sell our house which had been on the market since last December. So, now here we sit renting my childhood home from my parents sitting on pins and needles waiting to find out if our Abby Grace is in this latest batch. Waiting, I am beginning to hate that word. It is so hard for those not in the adoption community to understand just how hard and tiring waiting can be. I compare it to being a child on Christmas morning at the top of the stairs. You can see the presents under the tree but you have to wait for your parents to wake up before you can go downstairs and tear them open. We know that one day we will have our Abby Grace but the waiting is just getting so hard. Our agency sent an e-mail out earlier this week that said they would start making calls today, but so far we haven't heard anything. I checked my e-mail at work and kept my cell phone handy but nothing. I just felt that this was our time. Maybe it is, maybe we'll get a call today, I doubt it since it is a Friday afternoon and it's almost 5 o'clock. But maybe, just maybe that call will come.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Pray for the SN team as they match the children, pray for us as we continue to wait. Pray for Abby no matter where she is, for her safety and security, for someone to comfort her in her times of need.

No comments: