Friday, September 12, 2008

5 MONTHS!

Our first picture with Abby Grace.
Our pre-surgery picture with Abby Grace.
Wow it has been 5 months since we landed in the good ol' USA with sweet Abby Grace. 5 months! Sometimes it seems like we've had her forever in our family, and yet other times it seems like just yesterday we met her. I am just so blessed to be given the opportunity to be her mother:)
She has grown so much in the past 5 months. She finally grew our of her 18 months and most of her 24 months cloths. Her shoe size has gone up a half size and her appetite is getting pickier. Yes, our little one who would eat just about anything has learned to be a picky eater from her big sis and brothers. She can't really be picky at this particular point because all she can eat for the next week and a half is liquids. Today she managed to each 3 things of yogurt, drink some milk and a milkshake. Tonight I blended up a can of chicken-noodle soup and she ate a little bit of it. I feel so bad about eating I won't do it around her. This morning I snuck a few little donuts in while Owen occupied her with the Lego's. I even let him eat in his room so she wouldn't see him eating. I cannot wait until this liquid diet thing is over. But then again, we've got to do it again when her lip is repaired next month.
Back to the reason for the post. She just amazes us! She does not know a stranger, she waves and greets everyone. The man at Lowe's, the mailman, people walking their dogs by our house, she says hey to them all. She loves to dance and tries to sing along to familiar songs. Wow...I can't get over how much she has developed in the last 5 months. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for our sweet little one. She truly is a blessing!

3 comments:

lisa said...

Jenn,
so glad to hear things went well with AG's surgery. I hope it continues to go well. Andrew's is in less than 2 weeks. I'm not looking forward to the all liquid diet. He's going to be pointing to all the things he loves and wanting them. Will have to hide them.
We will be praying for Leslie, Charlie and Susannah. Give everyone a hug and a kiss for her! The pictures of AG are precious. I miss seeing that beautiful smile. It gets easier. I love Andrew's new one also!
Lisa

Denise said...

I also can't believe that it has already been 5 months and it has only been 5 months! It feels like Maggie has always been a part of our family.

Glad she is doing well, but sorry you are having to eat in private!

Karen said...

I am so happy that everything went well with her surgery. I know you are discouraged about going back again next month. It will all be over soon! Abby Grace will be just as beautiful with her new smile! Give her a big hug and kiss from me! She is such a sweetie pie!

Blessings,
Karen