Sunday, September 7, 2008

Changes!

Well the time has come for a sobby post. In a few short days the face we have grown to love will be forever changed. I have cried and cried as I have thought of this finally happening. Her face is so perfect in our eyes and in the eyes of her maker. My heart is just aching for the pain she will endure after her surgery. I have been busy getting tips from BTDT parents on what to feed her after surgery and how to care for her mouth. I had planned on only taking off the day of surgery and the 2 days following. Today I made the decision to take off Friday as well to really give her some time with me as she recovers. Not that Dads and Nanas aren't good caretakers, but mothers are always better. Please lift Abby Grace and her team of physicians up in prayer this Tuesday. Pray for her little body to heal quickly, pray for her spirit to be as bubbly then as it is now. Pray for the physicians hands, that they be steady and skilled in what they do. Pray for our family as we care for Abby Grace after surgery. For patience and gentleness.

:) Update
Leslie will be leaving this Thursday to get Susannah or "Zanna" as Abby Grace says. She has waited a very long time to bring Susannah home. Please lift them up in prayer as well. They are leaving their 2 boys home with grandparents. Pray for safety for the entire family and pray for the grandparents caring for the boys. Susannah as you know has a complex heart condition and CL/CP. I know the fear Leslie is experiencing at this time. Please pray for peace in her heart. Let her trip to China to get Susannah be one filled with only times of joy and happiness.
Please follow her on her journey by visiting her blog. And if you have time to leave her a little encouraging message that would be great. It was so great to know that we were being prayed for when we were in China:)

5 comments:

Wife of the Pres. said...

I will be praying for Abby Grace! And for you too Jenn! I am nowhere near the point of being days away from "Zannah's" CL surgery but I am already feeling sad about the changes that will take place when she has it. :(( From everything I've read, your feelings are TOTALLY normal! Major {{{{hugs}}}} to you! We HAVE to plan a trip to get the girls together after we get home and settled! You know, both boys have nicknames; we haven't "settled" on one yet and figure when we meet her it will come. I'll have to mention AG's pick to Charlie as he is the one who makes up all the nicknames! I like AG's suggestion!

Jenn, I pray God floods your heart with peace and places His healing touch on AG this week!

Thanks is not enough but THANK YOU for listening!

Lizard said...

It is an amazing thing the Lord creates in us, HUH?? Abby Grace is obviously a beautiful child and that simply will not change even though the outer packaging may! You guys will make it through her surgery. The Lord is so good and these kids are amazing. It will be a great opportunity for bonding as she has to rely on you for comfort. I will be praying for Abby Grace! *And for Leslie!*

Wife of the Pres. said...

Jenn, Just wanted to let you know I'll be praying for you and for Abby Grace throughout this day. I know your mind and heart must be thinking and feelings lots this morning, and I pray the Father is wrapping His arms around you and you FEEL HIs peace and love. I know He has His hands on AG as she goes in for her surgery and on all those around her caring for her.
{{{Hugs}}}

Sharon said...

LOVE the new look!!! Praying for you guys!
Sharon

ForTheLoveOfOrphans said...

I've been praying for her too! I know what you mean about loving her sweet face as it is! I had to grieve over Miranda Joy's mole - and still am! I miss it terribly!
Abby may need the TLC after surgery, but if someone offers to give you TLC too, take it!
Love all the summer photos of Abby Grace smiling!
Hugs from UT
Angie