Thursday, November 6, 2008

Before and After


Miss AG as a butterfly on Halloween. She got to go trick-or-treating unlike 2 of her older siblings who were grounded for bad attitudes and fighting.

Surgery Day-11/4/08
We had to be @ MUSC at 6:30 AM so we headed down the night before and stayed at a friend of a friend's house on the battery. I felt sick so I managed to go to bed a bit early only to wake through the night with IT the tummy bug:) Lucky me.
Sean took AG to the hospital for her 6:30 check-in and I stayed behind and rested a bit until he returned to get me shortly after 8. We sat in the waiting area until a little after 11 and then they took us back to see her. We really though we had prepared ourselves but oh what a shock. Now remember we've already been through 2 surgeries in the last 7 months but this time it was so different, she looked SO different. Her little swollen face and her little bitty mouth. The big open smile was gone. I quietly cried as I held her mourning the loss of that face remembering how it looked. For over a year it had been the face I saw and kissed every day and her smile had been so big and bright it just filled the room. It was gone. She just looks so different, but different in a good way. I can't wait until those little lips are healed up enough for a smooch:)

5 comments:

Carla Lewter said...

Praying for a smooth recovery for Abby. I did the same thing when I got to recovery, unfortunately Charlotte was also very mad waking up. It was really hard, and even for a few days after, I had a tough time. But when you look back at pics a year from now, it will be so neat to see how she has changed.

In Him,
Carla L.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Oh Jenn, she looks great but I feel your feelings on this. I want to put it off as long as possible but I know she has to have the surgery. Thanks for updating. Thinking of you all.
Les

Jon and Debbie said...

Jenn,

Wishing your daughter a quick recovery! We're thinking of her in our house.

Debbie

Tiaras, Tutus, and Fairy Dust. said...

Abby
Get well soon!!
With love from your little Pingliang sister.
Carina

Sharon said...

Oh Jenn, I remember that feeling of shock and thinking "What did we do?" When I walked in the recovery room....
She will be smiling before long with a new sweet smile...


"I would kiss your sweet checks and booboo JinJin" love, Hudson