Thursday, October 30, 2008


Thanks Les for tagging me. So I am supposed to list 7 random or weird facts about myself...that's hard because I really feel that I am just an average girl. Here goes...
1. I met my DH almost 18 years ago on a blind date. No dinner involved, just a date to see Kindergarten Cop. It is so funny now looking back at that night because years later he became and cop and I finished college and taught elementary school. We dated for 6 years before tying the knot. Here we are 18 years later happily married for 12 with 4 wonderful kids.
2. I love to eat cottage cheese and pringles mixed together. Well actually not mixed...I love to scoop up a big pile of cottage cheese and put it on the pringle then eat it. As a kid I used to roll cottage cheese up in bologna and eat it, yep sounds really yummy as an adult.
3. I hate going in the ocean. Maybe I watched too many Jaws movies growing up. I love to sit in the surf and just let the water wash over me. I'm not going out where I can't see what is swimming around me.
4. I have a terrible habit of picking up a large un-sweet tea and chicken biscuits from McD's almost every morning on the way to work. And here is the kicker I like it with grape jelly on it. It is the best $3.22 I spend a day.
5. I don't drink any alcohol at all. I had a brother killed by a drunk driver when I was 8 so in honor of him I just don't do it.
6. I love bugs!!! Yep, bugs. I loved science as a child and to this day I love watching bugs do their thing in their own environment of course. The kids and I spent many an afternoon last month feeding some huge silk spiders in our yard. They were so beautiful. The kids named them Charlotte and Scarlett, yea how original but the kids named them, I didn't. A few years back we had a Praying Mantis for a pet for a few weeks and we even caught crickets to feed her.
7. Like most women I hated my freckles growing up too. I used to spend so much time putting on cover-up to hide them, but today I embrace them. I don't wear much make-up at all. And I love the fact that 2 of my kids also have freckles for me to kiss just as my mom used to kiss mine.

So there you have it. & random facts about me. I told you I was just an average girl. So who am I going to tag...
*Sharon of course @ teagues6.blogspot.com
*Carla L @ lewterfamily4.blogspot.com
*Angie @ ourchinagirladoption.blogspot.com
*Pam @ the4sanzas.blogspot.com

Yep only 4 but everyone else I thought about has already been tagged:0)

2 comments:

Denise said...

Ok, I will try to embrace my freckles!! Cottage cheese on pringles....really?

Sharon said...

Praying for Abby today and for you as you will enjoy that precious smile one last morning!
I'll give you a call later to check in!
Love, Sharon