Monday, February 4, 2008

RA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I have been waiting 104 days to finally get to post that. Stephanie called today and said they received our RA and it is being Fed-exd to us to sign and return by Wednesday. It was so funny. Sean had brought my z-pack to me at school this morning because I have a killer sinus infection. Then right after recess he showed back up at my classroom and said, "It came." I felt like screaming with joy but with 16 6-7 year olds I did not think that was a great idea. I think he was happy he was the one who got to take the call this time. He has to be at our house at 10 in the morning to get the package. Then he'll bring it to me to sign and return ASAP. From what Stephanie said we're looking at 4-6 weeks. March travel!!!!! I am so excited. I did a little shopping this weekend for Abby Grace. I found some great deals at JC Penney and Belks. Now I have to finalize my packing list and get busy packing. Boy that should be fun:)

I did get a special message from Cindi. She and her husbad had received Abby's referral last summer when the CCAA sent it to their agency. They prayed over it and decided that she was not their daughter and returned her file. Then a few short months later we received her referral and knew she was our daughter. Cindi shared with me that she and her family and church friends had been praying for Abby (Ava to them) and they were all excited to learn that we indeed were her family. She sent me a few pictures of Abby that I did not receive with her referral. She is a few months younger in the pictures that Cindi had. It is so amazing that someone has been praying for our daughter. I am so thankful to her and her family.

Thanks for all of your continued prayers. In just a few short weeks we should be heading out on our trip from SC to China to bring home Abby Grace. So stay tuned for an amazing journey.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Yahoooo! We got ours also...we are going to China together!!

Tina said...

Congrats on your RA! We may actually all be going together if you get your TA with us! AWAA is thinking a group will leave on March 6th (the group I'm planning on being in). Getting your RA is so exciting!
That is so neat the family who reviewed Abby's file contacted you. We prayed about adopting a boy on the SN list on the website back last summer but decided not to and we found the family who did and I follow him on their website all the time! I just love that little boy even though we have never me! He has such a place in my heart!
Hoping our TAs come quickly and the weather in China dies down!! :)
Tina

Sharon said...

Had to say congrats again on your blog!! How exciting is this for us? Can't wait to meet our little ones!!

Emily said...

CONGRATS!!! She is adorable and I can't wait to watch your journey to China!!