Sunday, March 9, 2008

And the waiting continues

Well it is time for my now weekly post. As you can see by the title the waiting for a TA continues. We thought for sure we'd get it this past week but it did not arrive. In fact AWAA did not get TA's this week. Don't know why but is sure does have me on edge about the week ahead. I feel 99% certain that we'll be traveling on March 27th. So certain that I already had my VP schedule my sub for my leave. So certain that I am sending a note to V's teacher and principal that week letting them know when she'll be out of school so they can get her missed assignments ready for her. I know in my heart that we will be leaving on March 27th and I can hardly wait to be able to finally post it. I even got on-line this weekend and checked out flight costs. The cheapest I found was just under $1000 per person. I know the closer we get to the date the more expensive it will be so we have got to get that TA soon!

On another note. Our church pastor declined my request to make a presentation on adoption prior to our trip. I had so hoped to be able to share our story with others in the church. I had really wanted to be able to take a sizable donation to our daughters orphanage. They are in need of so many things that I know they cannot afford. Our required donation is a great start but I just wish we could do more. When I think of all of the children we will be leaving behind my heart aches. If more people opened their hearts to these children we as Christians could if not find homes for them we could at least help the home that they do have.

We added a few new members to our little group of Gabby Girls. So far we have Sharon, Denise, Amy and now we have Jill and Lisa. We are all waiting moms to be. All waiting on our TA's that is. I'll link every one's blog or site to ours once I get all of their addresses.

Please continue to pray for Abby Grace. In a few short weeks her world as she knows it will be turned upside down. She'll no longer be familiar with her surroundings and she'll no longer have the comfort of her nannies whom I am sure she is very close to. Please pray for them too. They love these children as if they are their own. I cannot imagine taking care of these children for years and then having to let them go. Also please pry for Abby's birth mom. On April 11th it will be 2 years since she made the painful decision to place Abby Grace on the steps of the SWI. I cannot imagine the anguish and grief she experiences as she thinks back to that day. Lastly pray for us for the remainder of our process. Pray for God's hand to guide us along his desired path to Abby Grace.

2 comments:

Michele and Dan said...

Be encouraged! Once you get word that TA has finally arrived - the wait and all of the emotions that follow - worry, longing, frustration - will disappear. Your mind will then be filled with your final destination ... sweet little Abby's face.

Michele
another Pingliang Mom (to Jenna and waiting for Jack)

Sharon said...

Man Jenn, I am bummed your pastor turned you down, hard to understand.
This really has to be the week. I am getting so anxious...
sharon