Sunday, March 2, 2008

From pink to green



Well no TA this week, but strangely I feel very at peace about it. At least I know that sometime this month we'll finally have Abby Grace in our arms. Whether it is the 17th or 30th I feel confident it will be this month. The Lord has timed everything perfectly throughout this adoption process and I know that he has our meeting time with Abby Grace already perfectly planned out.

We painted today, well at least 3 of us did. I rolled, Sean trimmed and V tried to roll. She wanted to help out so we let her do a little. Of course the boys wanted to help too but I found other things to occupy them. We went from a bright bubble-gum pink that V had us paint the room last year to a nice soft green room for Miss Abby Grace. It looks great. I'll post pictures when we have her room done.

I approached our pastor about doing an adoption presentation at church to raise donations prior to our trip. I sent him a presentation done by another AWAA family. He said he'd speak with the elders and get back with me soon, so hopefully I'll hear something this week. I really want others in our Church to be enlightened about adoption. I had a friend at church this morning jokingly tell me to bring a little girl home for her too. I told her I'd try to sneak one for her in my suitcase. But then I thought, maybe if we do this presentation she'll truly feel led to adopt. As every adoptive mom knows once the adoption seed gets planted in your heart you realize that it is something you just have to do. Maybe that is the case with others in our congregation who think about it but think they can't do it. My mom has a friend who says she'd do it tomorrow but she doesn't think she could afford it. I told her about all of the grant opportunities out there and the tax credit, etc... but so far she is just thinking about it. Maybe if she were to listen to the presentation she would adopt. Please pray for our pastor and elders. Please pray for them to allow this presentation to be made. And if it is ok'd please pray for me. I can talk all day in front of my first graders but the idea of speaking in front of our congregation really makes me nervous, but I know I'll get through it with the Lord by my side.

1 comment:

ForTheLoveOfOrphans said...

Just checking in...your TA should be here any minute, right! I will keep praying...can't wait to see TA beside your name!
God Bless!
Love, Angie H