Thursday, July 22, 2010

The calm before the storm

Well we have enjoyed about 36 hours of calmness but early this morning a huge storm hit. Now I love a good storm: a little bit of thunder maybe some pretty lightening, maybe a little bit of rain too. However, this storm was like a huge hurricane, Hurricane Abby. She slept well til about 8 AM then the pain, tears and screaming started. Nothing we did could soothe her. Of course I just wanted to scoop her up and cuddle with her (not possible with all the tubes) So instead I just sat with her and rubbed her little legs (when she wasn't kicking me with them) and wiped away her big crocodile tears. It was really odd because it came in spells kind of like the bands of a hurricane. One minute the was screaming "My tummy hurts a lot" and the next her eyes were closed and she was just whimpering quietly. It almost brought me to tears to see her in so much excruciating pain. Thank goodness there is a calming eye in every hurricane because at the moment that is what we are in. She is resting and purring. I don't know how long this peaceful period will last but I'll just enjoy it while I can. I love watching her sleep :)

5 comments:

Carla Lewter said...

Oh, no..poor Abby. I just said a prayer for her. It makes me sad that she is going through so much. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Cindi Campbell said...

Praying and believing she is much better now.

Unknown said...

We have been praying and thinking of you. Hoping the storms is calming soon for your little angel.

Sharon said...

Oh I hate that for her. Praying it was a quick hurricane and you are on the other side. Still praying...

lisa said...

Hey Sweetie,
So sorry AG is having so much hard pain. So difficult for her to go through. Praying the hurricane dissipates quickly. Hang in there.