Friday, July 30, 2010

Fabulous Friday!!



We had a great first day home. Sean did not disturb us until 10 when it was time to head to pick V up from church camp with her friend Morgan. She was so excited and surprised when I met her at the church. She was expecting us to still be in Charleston, I think she underestimated her little sister. V and I ran to Wally World to do some fat free shopping so Abby could have something to eat. We were delighted to find some yummy things to eat: cheese slices, yogurt, sour cream (she loves to eat it by the spoonful) some cottage cheese and lots of fresh fruits and veggies. I found myself looking a labels in a new way. I am one of those yep looks good let's get it shoppers. I never look at labels but WOW we really need to pay attention to the amount of fat we have been eating. I am looking at this 6 week no fat thing as a chance for us all to get a little more healthier. I was just cooking some dinner (tacos) and Jacob came in and said "Yuck...fat free tacos." We had a little discussion that aside from the cheese and sour cream everything was the same as "fat-in tacos." Boy was that a relief to him.
Abby has bounded back amazingly well. Today we stopped off at Nana and Papa's and she showed them her zipper.(code for incision)She was so proud of it. While I shopped on-line for V's textbooks she ate some of Papa's pickles. She may not be related to him by blood but the do share an amazing love of pickles. Once we got home she played outside in the yard with Owen and ran up and down the driveway a few times. I kept telling her to slow down but she had a freedom about her like never before. Not one did she say she was tired or appear out of breath. She just amazes me. My walking, talking miracle girl :)

6 comments:

Sharon said...

SO good to see that beautiful face outside!! Will continue to pray...love you all!

Kristi said...

So blessed to read that she's running with no shortness of breath. The combination of modern medicine plus THE healer is amazing!

Cindi Campbell said...

She is just amazing! Glad to see her in such good spirits too! Blessings, Cindi

rachelkolar said...

I was a little bummed when I saw that you and your lovely faces were gone this morning when I came back to work. I am so glad that you were able to have a full weekend at home with the family. Enjoy your time together before summer runs out. Keep smiling pretty girl.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Abby Grace is my HERO!!! ;)

I love her wall of artwork!!!

About the fat free diet, they also make fat-free yogurt but I have never seen FF gogurts. :( Guess you could use Tupperware freezer pop tubes and freeze some yogurt? Kind of like a gogurt.

ChickFilA does have some FF items.;) But I prefer the fat sandwich too!

Still cheering you on and praying for AG. Praying for Mommy who will have to try and keep her in check. Believe me, I know. We told the doc. at S's first pre-op that perhaps he "revved up her heart a bit too much." :))) {{{HUGS to you both}}}

lisa said...

So glad she is bouncing back so fast. Good luckiwth the fat free diet. God is so good. Love to you all.
Lisa F