Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rainbows

After every good summer storm I love to look for rainbows in the sky. Well today was our rainbow day. Abby Grace woke up in a fantastic mood. She did however once again throw up her morning meds because there was just too much going in to her little empty tummy. She we got her all cleaned up changed her bed and played barbies as we waited for the rest of the family to arrive. One great thing about being @ MUSC is that there is so much to see and do in Charleston. While we were playing Barbies Sean and the crew headed over to the Yorktown Battleship. The boys had a great time checking everything out. Unfortunately though I had the camera at the hospital so there are no pictures of their adventure.
They finally arrived at the hospital a bit after lunchtime but we had to wait until 2 to go to the Child-Life playroom. Let me tell you once we got there we did not want to leave. It is only opened from 10-12 and 2-4 on the weekends and we sooo wished it were opened longer. Everyone had a great time.

Abby talked V in to playing barbies and play house.


Sean and Jacob enjoyed some pool and then of course some video games.



I think Owen thought he was in toy Heaven. He played with dinosaurs, cars, castles, pirates and even tried his little hand a playing pool.




After our fun play date we decided to leave Abby at the hospital for a bit and go downtown for dinner. You know you can only enjoy hospital food for so long and then ugh. It was great to get out for a bit and I knew she was in great hands with our nurses B and L. We ended up going to T-B*nz and even ventured out on a carriage ride through historical Charleston. It was something I have always wanted to do but never have done before. Owen was very excited :)It was really interesting to hear about the history and see some beautiful sights. I was gone a bit longer than I had hoped and Abby let me know she was not at all happy with me when I returned. Huge tears filled her eyes and she started to cry. She refused to talk to me for almost an hour. I offered her the treat I brought her but she just nodded no. We finally got back on speaking terms when I offered to do a craft with her. Then things were fine. We have decorated her room with all sorts of pictures, paintings and projects. It looks so happy. In fact yesterday she said, "Momma I kinda like this place." That was something I never thought she'd say.
We are so lucky to be able to be this close to a great heart hospital for children. And we are so blessed to be the family HE chose for Abby Grace. She is our little miracle and we stand in awe of all that HE has done in her life over the past 4 years.

4 comments:

Carla Lewter said...

Glad to see Abby up and moving a little. And glad that you were able to take a little break. I know Abby was not to happy about that but you needed that to keep your endurance up. Praying for you guys!

Sharon said...

So glad to see Abby's smile. Are they talking at all about when they are releasing her yet? I have yet to post my Charleston pictures but it has been on of my favorite places to visit. I could have stayed another week,,,,SO much history.

Praying for a greak week and that home is on the horizon. Love you!

lisa said...

All I can really say to this one at the end is Amen! You have brought tears to my eyes. You were definitely the family God chose for her and so perfect. So glad you were able to get away and so sorry she was upset. Also very glad God has blessed you with the health care team you have.
Love you all and we're praying.
Lisa

lisa said...

Glad you have the team you do to care for dear sweet Abby. Sorry she got upset with you when you got some time away. You needed to get out I know. So neat they have the young lady come to do toes and you were able to get your's done too.
Love you guys,
Lisa