Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Quick update:

This little monkey amazes me :) She is pretty alert this afternoon going as far as to ask to get out of bed to which we all quickly replied, not yet. She is eating and drinking a bit: grits, a boiled egg, some oranges and orange juice. Right now she is sitting up in the bed watching movies. Last night she told her nurse she wanted to watch princess movies so this morning that is what they found for her and her favorite, Arielle!!! She has melted the hearts of everyone who has been in her presence. MUSC is a teaching hospital so all of the students just smile and giggle as she waves at them and wants to know their names. Besides the 3 tubes, 2 IV's and various other things attached to her little body you'd never know she had surgery yesterday. I love how she explained it to a med student today, "The doctor unzipped me, fixed my heart and zipped it back up" isn't it amazing how her little mind works. Such a complex surgery but she put it so simply. Boy do I just love this little girl!!!

2 comments:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Boy do I love her too!!!!

I can just see her sitting up in the bed schooling the med students. ;)

Go ABBY GRACE Go!!!

I am so thankful things are going so well. She'll make liars out of the doctors by coming home early. Hey, she may even one up S and come home in less than 8 days post-op Fontan!!! And if she does, we'll be celebrating with you all!

I know you're missing your other littles at home, but so thankful they have Nana to take care of them! I got desperate for an update yesterday and emailed Nana! LOL!

We're over here in T cheering on AG! Please give her a hug from S and her Mommy and family. We love you all!

Sharon said...

GREAT news, thinking of all of you throughout the day. Hudson sends kisses from Texas, east!!!

love you guys!